Vegetronix VH400 Soil Moisture Sensor
The series Vegetronix VH400 soil moisture sensor probes precisely measures soil water content. The sensor allows low cost monitoring with high resolution.
The soil moisture probe measures the dielectric constant of the soil. By using transmission line technique,water salinity will not significantly alter measurement. The sensor will not corrode over time. Vegetronix soil moisture probes are small, rugged, and use low power within operation.
Compared to other sensor such as gypsum block sensors, the Vegetronix VH400 soil moisture probe offers rapid response times. They can be inserted and take an accurate reading in under a second.
The probe comes in 2 meters cable length.
Soil Moisture Sensor Probe Applications:
- Garden irrigation and lawn sprinkler systems
- Moisture monitoring of foods
- Rain and water level monitoring
- Environmental monitoring.
- Soil moisture sensing
Soil Moisture Sensor Probe Features:
- Low cost high quality probe
- Not conductivity based, insensitive to salinity
- Probe does not corrode over time
- Small and rugged design for long term use
- Consumes less than 7mA for very low power operation.
- Measures volumetric water content (VWC) or gravimetric water content (GWC)
- Output Voltage is proportional to moisture level
- Wide supply voltage range
- Can be buried and is water proof
- Probe is long and slender for wider use, including smaller potted plants.
The soil moisture probe Vegetronix VH400 delivers an analog signal of 0 to 3 V that correlates with the water content of the soil.
The probes can also be used as water level detectors.
- Input Voltage: 3,3 V bis 20 V DC
- Time for stable measurement: 400 ms
- Operating Temperature -40° C bis 85° C
- Signal Output 0 bis 3V DC
- Mean Power Consumption <7 mA
- Susceptible to Volume: No
- Susceptible to Salts: No
- Frequency of Operation 80 MHz